What is Chalk Paint?
Chalk Finish Paint is a fantastic new self-priming, easy to use paint that provides you with the ability to create shabby chic or distressed looks. Chalk Finish Paint removes the usual preparation that is necessary when using acrylic paints, no more sanding or priming needed! The paint is a water based paint and has very low VOC's (volatile organic compounds) and is enviromentally friendly.
The chalky nature of the paint provides for a beautifully aged matte finish and its adhering properties means that it can be used to paint over loads of different surfaces including lacquered furniture, veneer, wood, fabrics, glass, plastics, metals, walls, floors and the list goes on!
Benefits of Chalk Finish Paint Vs. Acrylic Paints;
- Provides the ability to create those lovely distressed/shabby chic/washed/vintage looks everyones after!
- Easy to use, NO preparation required. Paint right over almost any surface!
- Matte Finish
- Environmentally friendly - made from 30% renewable resources and 60% natural compounds.
- Can be used to paint over heaps of different surfaces including walls and floors.
- Use multiple colours and distress to reveal colours underneath
- Cover 4-9metres squared per litre of paint (varies with porosity and texture of the surface)
If you would like a tutorial on how to use chalk paint, you can view the newtons chalk finish paint tutorial here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFCwVbUMYoY
If you have any further questions please use our contact us button in the bottom right-hand corner or click here: http://www.newtonspaints.co.nz/community/contact